It's release day for my THIRD book! That's what it is!
1. The plan is to write four books in The Fangirl Series - one for each of the Delia girls. When I first started writing this book, it was Rose's story, not Sydney's. But Simon's character took on a mind of his own and suddenly, he and Rose just didn't fit. Needless to say, I was extremely frustrated and discouraged, so I did what I always do when I'm feeling down about my writing. I called my soul sister and we talked it out, decided that Sydney may be a better fit for Simon and once I started making the changes, everything just fell into place. It seems Simon was trying to tell me something all along. He wanted Sydney. I'm glad I listened.
2. This book is a tad steamier than my other two (Sorry Mom!). The truth is I had no intentions of writing those steamy parts. As a matter of fact, I always complain that I stink at writing love scenes, so I try and avoid them. However, as I mentioned above, sometimes you have to sit back and listen to your characters. Simon and Sydney are both headstrong and fiercely passionate in every aspect of their lives. They demanded a little more from me in the bedroom, so I gave it to them. Simple as that.
3. This was the longest book I've written to date. When I finally finished it, it topped out at around 130,000 words, but the finished product is a little over 111,000. To give you a little perspective, "You Never Know" was right at 109,000 and "Don't Forget to Breathe" was around 117,000. Why am I telling you this? Well, because I have a TON of deleted scenes and no one to share them with. Hmmmm...
4. My favorite part of this book is the Epilogue. You'll see why. *wink, wink*
5. In every story, I always fall in love with a side character. In "You Never Know", it was Lamont. In "Don't Forget to Breathe", it was Abby. In "Sometimes You Know", I fell in love with Ollie, and based on some of the feedback I've gotten so far, I'm not the only one. I'm interested to see what you all think of him. Perhaps Ollie's story isn't over, which makes me kind of giddy.
All right, friends. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. I have to admit this book was a rocky ride, but I'm happy to say it all came together in the end, and now I CAN'T WAIT to share this story with you.
And FYI...the next story in The Fangirl Series will belong to the lovely Rose. I'm not sure yet on an exact release date, but I've already started writing and I'm REALLY excited about this one. I can't wait to go on this journey with Rose and help her find her happy ending. She deserves it more than anyone.
I'll make sure to let everyone know as soon as "Sometimes You Know" is available for purchase, but before I go, I want to give a HUGE thanks to all of you who have continued to support me and writing. It goes without saying that none of this would be possible without you, and I promise to never take that fact for granted. Every time I even think about you guys there are tears. Lots and lots of big-fat-supermega-fabulously-happy tears.
Love and hope,